Facilitated Group Retreats
Kavanna offers online facilitated group retreats for your group of friends, small group, leadership team, board, etc. We have several retreat themes from which to choose. Retreats facilitated by Kavanna staff will have a rhythm of brief teaching, silent reflection, and group processing. You will be offered time for reflection on your own, so you will not be online for long periods of time. Based on the way that our retreats are structured, we only facilitate full day retreats which are from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. The minimum group size is four (4) people and the maximum group size is eight (8) people.
Our goal is for retreat participants to experience the gift of time and space to deepen their awareness of God’s presence and movement in their lives. In preparation of your retreat day, we encourage everyone to choose a space to spend the day. Ideally it will be quiet and comfortable. Also, before the day of the retreat, please prepare for our Zoom call. Set up your computer, tablet, or phone in a place where it can remain plugged in for the duration of the call so that you do not get disconnected due to a dead battery. Further instructions will be emailed to your group before the day of the retreat.
The fee per person is $75
Payment and Scheduling
Payment Terms: A $100 non-refundable deposit is due four (4) weeks prior to the retreat. The balance of cost is due no later than three days prior to the retreat. Payments can be made by cash, check payable to Kavanna House or credit card.
River Flows from Eden
- This retreat looks at your life with God using the metaphor of a river, your intention being one that moves with the flow.
- Wabi sabi is the Japanese concept of finding beauty in imperfection. We invite you to spend a day contemplating the notion of wabi sabi and discovering it in your life.
Trust, Surrender and Bless "What is"
- Do you constantly struggle against “what is,” always wanting it to be different? Do you have difficulty accepting where you are in your life or what you have lost? This retreat will provide tools and time for reflection to notice where God is with you in the midst of your circumstances. It will provide a framework to move toward not only surrendering your will, but also being able to bless the difficulties.
Silence and Solitude - Creating the Interior Life for Spiritual Formation
- To be truly intentional about our relationship with God, we need to learn to limit distractions. This retreat will focus on how to control outward distractions and more importantly, how to quiet the thoughts swirling in your head so that you can be fully present to God. We will practice different ways to be “in silence.”
- We are all overworked and tired. We don't know how to slow down and rest. Take time...time to rest, time to get away and time to focus on God. We will reflect on what Sabbath really means, not a legalistic list of rules but discovering the freedom of creating unforced rhythms in your life.
- Do you desire to feel loved? Do you know that God loves you and that God delights in you? This retreat day will revolve around reflecting on the reality of you being God's beloved.
Engaging the Paschal Mystery
- Looking at your life through the lens of the paschal mystery, - Good Friday, Easter, the 40 Days, Ascension and Pentecost - you’ll discover how to live fully in the reality of where you find yourself in this present moment.